Little aubergine boats
By Lix , blog : Food Box
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Cut 4 aubergines in half, lengthwise.
2. Using a sharp knife, hollow out the flesh (leave an cm thick): the "little boats" are ready.
3. Dice the flesh of the aubergines. Put it in a bowl, cover with cold water and let drain with 2 teaspoons of salt, for 1/2 an hour. Desalt 2 tbsp of capers in salt.
Meanwhile, fry the "little boats" in plenty of olive oil: skin side first, then flesh side. When they are golden brown, drain them on kitchen roll.
Rinse the diced aubergine, drain them. Fry them in the same oil as the "boats". Reserve.
4. In a frying pan, brown 2 whole garlic cloves with 10 cl of olive oil, then remove the cloves. Add 400 g of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters, cook for 10 minutes over high heat.
5. Add the capers, 2 tablespoons of chopped black olives, a few leaves of basil and the diced aubergine. Cook for another minute.
6. Spoon the stuffing into the "little boats". Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve.