Follow this easy recipe for shop-like results, at home!
- 1 kg pickling cucumbers
- 240 ml apple cider vinegar
- 240 ml water
- 2 tbsp salt
- 6 cloves of garlic (2 for one jar)
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dill seeds (per jar)
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Slice the cucumbers vertically down the center.
Combine the vinegar, water and salt. Bring to a slight simmer.
Rinse out three Mason jars, add the spices.
Arrange the cucumber in the jar so they are all standing up. Make sure they are packed tightly.
Pour the vinegar mixture into the jar, leave at least 3 cm at the top of the jar.
Put the lids onto the jars, leave them to cool.
When they are at room temperature place them in the fridge, leave them in for at least 48Hrs.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice... 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- The Breadmaker Chronicles-The... 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Quinoa In a Jar 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Ultimate Pickled Onions 3/5 (117 Votes)