- 1 large tub Greek yogurt
- 1 big cucumber (shredded)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch fresh dill (chopped)
- or 2 tablespoons dry dill
- Heavy pinch of salt
- Lots of black pepper
- Olive Oil (duh)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grate the cucumber into a bowl. You can use a box grate (like the one you have for shredding cheese).
Here's the most important step: take the shredded cucumber over a sink. Use a spaghetti strainer or a flour shifter, add the cucumber, and PRESS HARD. Try and squeeze out as much water as you can. Otherwise you end up with cucumber yogurt soup.
Mince the garlic, juice the lemon, and chop the dill (one bunch from the supermarket, or about 1/4 cup when chopped). Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir well. I always like to stir in a bit of Olive Oil at this point, but that is optional.
Drizzle with olive oil and crack a little pepper on top. Serve with pita, crackers, or bread sticks - YUM!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (198 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Toasts with duck confit 3.8/5 (118 Votes)