Mincemeat and apple flan
- 175gr/6oz shortcrust pastry
- 1 medium cooking apple(peeled
- cored and grated)
- 175gr/6oz mincemeat
- 150ml/5fl oz fresh double cream
- 25gr/1 oz blanched almonds(crushed and toasted)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
1. Roll pastry to line an 18cm/7inch flan dish.
2. Mix the apple and mincemeat and place in pastry case.
3 Bake at gas6/200c/400f for 15 minutesreduce temperature to
gas3/170c/325f for a further 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
5. Lightly whip the cream and spoon over flan.
6. Sprinkle with crushed toasted almonds and serve immediately