Sweet Eve Strawberry, Mango, Pistachio and Marsala fruit salad
The colours of this fruit salad are really bright and vibrant and will make you feel as if you are on an exotic holiday without leaving home! If you want to serve the same recipe for children then you could use rosewater instead of Marsala, which is a fortified, sweet white wine, a bit like sherry.
- 200g Sweet Eve strawberries
- 150g shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 ripe peaches
- Caster sugar for sprinkling
- A small glass of Marsala
- or sherry
- or 4 tbsps rosewater.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Hull and finely slice the strawberries. Toast the pistachio nuts until slightly browned and releasing their aroma (be careful not to burn the nuts). Finely chop the toasted pistachio nuts.
Peel and finely slice the mango, finely slice the peaches and place into 4 individual serving bowls. Mix in the strawberry slices and sprinkle a little bit of caster sugar on each serving. Pour a little Marsala, or sherry or rosewater on each portion.
Top each serving with toasted pistachio nuts.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (451 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.6/5 (168 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (164 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)