carrot & apple pulp, buckwheat skinny pancakes!
Tasty fat free, sugar free, gluten free pancakes!
- 2 cups buckwheat flour (about 500g)
- 1 litre of filtered water
- 2 cups (500ml) of milk of choice (I like almond)
- 1 egg
- Pulp from 2 apples
- Pulp from 2 carrots
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- A little coconut oil or unsalted organic butter
- for frying.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Pour the flour into a large bowl and add the sea salt. Make a little well in the middle and crack the egg. Add a little of the water and beat. Pour in the remaining water and the milk and whisk until there are no lumps, leave the batter to sit for at least 20mins.
Heat the pan to a medium-high heat.Add a little knob of butter or coconut oil and swirl around the pan to coat. Take a ladle full of the batter, pour into the pan and gently tilt to evenly coat the bottom. Cook for a couple of minutes until you start to see lots of bubbles in the batter. Flip the pancake and cook for around 30-40 seconds more on the other side.
Serve with freshly squeezed lemon and a natural sweetener of your choice!
If you use a cast iron skillet, heat the pan a good 5mins before cooking the first pancake. I find this encourages the first one to remain as stick free as possible. You probably don't have to do this step if you are using a non stick frying pan...
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Pancakes 3.5/5 (142 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Banana Pancakes 3.4/5 (142 Votes)