Cod fish with an emulsion of fingerling potatoes
- 1kg of fingerling potatoes
- 20 cl of milk
- 10 cl of liquid whipping cream
- 30g butter
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
- For the cod:
- 4 portions of cod fillet
- 30g flour
- 20g parmesan
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Put the potatoes in a pot of water with nutmeg, cumin and salt, put on the heat. Once boiling, cook for 20 minutes.
Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan until simmering. Meanwhile go to Step 3.
Once the potatoes are cooked, peel them and put them in a blender with the butter and cream / hot milk mixture. Season with salt and nutmeg.
This preparation must be of elastic consistency. Put in a 1l cream whipper, turn upside down with the gas and shake once. Leave aside in a bain barie to keep warm.
Mix the flour and parmesan. Pepper. Coat the cod in this preparation. Cook 4 minutes on both sides.
Place the fish on the plate (can be served on a homemade coulis of peppers), shake the whipper and squirt the emulsion in a small glass (verrine).
Serve immediately as the emulsion drops quickly.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)
- Shepherd's pie with carrots 3.3/5 (135 Votes)
- Cheesey jacket potatoes 4.3/5 (19 Votes)