By john french
This recipes has many versions in our house as we all like it slightly differently. It can be as simple or as complex as you like and you can add as many or as few of the ingredients as you like.
- 4 large potatoes peeled diced and boiled and cooled (you can also use new potatoes as an alternative but dont peel these. Boil and cool them before dicing).
- 2 tblspns salad cream
- 2 tblspns Mayo
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of mixed herbs
- Optional extras
- Fresh Chives finely chopped
- Spring Onions finely chopped
- Fresh Chilli finely chopped
- Garlic or onion salt (instead of standard salt)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Mix Salad cream and mayo along with herbs and seasoning in a bowl.
Add potatoes and mix well being careful not to break up the potato pieces too much
Add any of the optional extras you fancy and fold in gently.
Chill for 30 minutes covered in the fridge and serve.
This is great with a salad or with BBQ food.
If you want to make more than one version of this from one batch then divide the mix before adding the optional extras.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (401 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Devilled Eggs 3.9/5 (119 Votes)
- Oil-free mayonnaise 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
- Ryan's Tomato Pasta 4.2/5 (70 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Chorizo & potato salad 3.4/5 (131 Votes)