Carrot cake with hazelnuts, or not!
By Nadège du blog Cooking Nadoo
- For 1 large cake or 8 mini cakes:
- 175 g flour
- 1 egg
- 125 g of caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 115 g butter
- 60 g of ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons of allspice or 4 spice mix (ground pepper
- 35 g hazelnuts (optional)
- 350 g grated carrots and chopped (about 3 large carrots)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, egg and baking soda.
Melt the butter in the microwave and add it to the bowl. Add the ground almonds and mix well. Add the honey and lemon juice. Sprinkle with cinnamon, 4 spices, and mix again.
Peel the carrots and grate them in a food processor. Coarsely blend the hazelnuts into pieces. Add the carrots and hazelnuts to the bowl and mix one last time.
Pour the cake mix into a loaf tin or mini-moulds (silicone is best for this), cover with greaseproof paper (to prevent the cake from browning too much on top) and bake for about 40 minutes.
Once cooked, let the cake cool before removing from the tin or moulds...and enjoy with afternoon tea!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (455 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (254 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Risotto with green asparagus,... 4/5 (97 Votes)
- Hazelnut galette cake with maple... 2.7/5 (98 Votes)