Easy Lemon Curd
Homemade lemon curd for use in other recipe's or delicious on toast.
- 5 lemons
- 200g sugar
- 100g buttery spread
- 3 large eggs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Set up a bain marie (a bowl sat on top of a pot of gently simmering water without touching the water onto the bowl)
Juice and zest the lemons and add the sugar and butter and gently stir the mixture until all of the butter and sugar has melted
Whisk the eggs before stirring into the mixture to cook for 15 minutes
Once the mixture is thick and you can run your finger down a spoon and leave a path leave aside to cool before transferring into jars for refridgeration.
Orange and Lime curds could be made in a similar fashion to this replacing the fruit, oranges might need boiling to a more concentrated flavour first with double the number of oranges juiced.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (168 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Oil-free mayonnaise 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Recipe: Courgette and Apple Jam,... 3.5/5 (135 Votes)