Raspberry & mascarpone tarts
These little raspberry tartlets are a dream – I love them with strawberries and blackberries too
- for greasing
- 500 g sweet shortcrust pastry
- rice or dried beans
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- zest of ½ orange
- 250 g raspberries
- 100 g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat your oven to 170°C/325°F/gas 3. Grease four 10cm loose-bottomed tart tins with a little butter. Divide the pastry into four. Roll out each quarter to the thickness of a £1 coin, then line the tins with the pastry. Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge. Cover each pastry case with greaseproof paper, fill with rice or dried beans, and bake blind in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Remove the cases from the oven, tip out the rice or beans and take out the lining. Place the cases back in the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes until golden brown. Take the cases out and let them cool down completely.
Whip the yoghurt, mascarpone, icing sugar and orange zest in a mixing bowl until light and shiny. Keep it in the fridge until the pastry cases are cool.
Divide the creamy mix between the cooled pastry cases and level with a spoon. Place the raspberries lightly on the cream – no need to push. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water until it has completely melted.
Carefully remove the hot bowl and drizzle each tart with chocolate. Serve straight away or keep in the fridge for later.
Strawberries or blackberries on top of the tarts will be delicious too.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Raspberry Rose Cupcakes 3.9/5 (118 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- How to make the perfect strawberry... 3.1/5 (139 Votes)