- 250 grams of butter
- 250 grams of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 340 grams of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 lemon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grate the zest from the lemon. Then cut the lemon into half and squeeze out the juice.
In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar and then add the eggs, one by one.
Add the flour, baking powder, the lemon zest and the juice to the batter and give it a proper mix.
Pour the batter into a bread loaf tin and bake for about 40 min in an oven set at 180C.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Lemon cake with poppy seeds 4.2/5 (21 Votes)