Southern Sweet Iced Tea
- 4 cups boiling water
- 5 teaspoons (or five teabags of) black tealeaves (preferably Nilgiri or Ceylon)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Ice cubes (approximately five cups)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Pour boiling water over the tealeaves.
Steep for five to six minutes, and then remove the tealeaves from the tea.
Add the sugar and lemon juice, then stir well.
Pour the mixture into a heat-resistant pitcher of ice.
Pour into tall glasses.
Top each glass with a sprig of mint and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Dandelion cordial 3/5 (185 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice... 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Slow cooked lamb 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.3/5 (147 Votes)