Potato Wine (Method Three)
A family recipe from Great Nanna Lottie.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 lb raisins
- 4 lb demerara sugar
- 1 pint
- new season wheat
- 1 gallon water
- juice and grated peel of 2 lemons
- 1 oz yeast
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all the ingredients.
Allow to stand, stirring occasionally, for 3 weeks.
Strain through a flannel, then bottle.
As soon as the wine is clear, usually in about a month, add a little candy sugar (the lumps of sugar, advertised as nice in coffee) to each bottle. It is ready for use soon afterwards, but improves with keeping.
Consume in moderation. It has been known for two glasses of potato wine to put a person under the table - but I'm not sure which method was used!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Dandelion cordial 3/5 (185 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.3/5 (147 Votes)
- Pasta with wine sauce and peas 3.5/5 (130 Votes)
- Bailey Bolognese 3.7/5 (115 Votes)
- Bellissimo Spaghetti Bolognese 3.4/5 (131 Votes)