Similar to bakewell, these raspberry slices are really moreish and yummy!
- 200g ready-roll shortcrust pastry
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp milk
- punnet raspberries
- raspberry jam
- 350g icing sugar
- few tsp water
- 50g chocolate
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Roll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 12x9 roasting tin.
Preheat oven to 180 C.
Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
Add the eggs, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
Fold in the flour and baking powder and add the milk if the mixture seems a little dry.
Cut the raspberries into halves.
Generously spread the raspberry jam over the pastry and top with the spongey mixture.
Evenly space the raspberry halves over the sponge mixture, resting them on the top.
Bake the cake for 25 minutes or until springy and shrinking from the sides of the tin. Leave to cool.
Mix the icing sugar with the cool water until the icing runs off a teaspoon but is very thick.
Spread the icing evenly over the top of the cake.
Melt the chocolate in a small microwavable bowl and drizzle in diagonal lines over the icing.
Cut the cake into 12 large slices.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Raspberry Rose Cupcakes 3.9/5 (121 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (153 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Victoria Sandwich Cake 3.6/5 (75 Votes)