Steamed layer cake
- pandan leaves
- 170g sugar
- 1/4 tp salt
- 400ml coconut milk
- 200g tapioca starch
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Extract the pandan leaves to get the green colour.
Cook pandan leaves with enough water in a saucepan.
Remove the pandan leaves after simmering for 5 min. Leave 160ml of pandan water in the saucepan.
Add salt and sugar into the pandan water. Mix until all have dissolved.
Add in coconut milk. Mix well.
Add in tapioca starch. Mix well. Sieve the mixture.
Pour 270ml of mixture into a pot. Add in the pandan extract. Mix well.
Pour a layer of the mixture without the pandan colour first as the base. Pour a thin layer in a flat cake tin and steam for 5 min before continuing with the pandan mixture layer. Do this alternately with the 2 colours.
For the last layer, steam for 10min.
Cool for 3 hours before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (496 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Sweet Peanut Sauce 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Steamed Sea Bream 3.3/5 (128 Votes)