- 420ml milk
- 100g sugar
- 60ml milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- 30g plain flour
- 57g butter
- 2tp vanilla extract
- 60ml rum
- 360ml coffee (any type) add in sugar and rum
- 227g italian cream cheese (cheese with butter texture)
- cocoa powder
- lady fingers biscuits
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat milk and sugar over medium heat until boiled. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks and 60ml milk together.
Add in 50g sugar and 30g plain flour and mix. Add in the boiled milk gradually and whisk consistently. Pour the mixture back into the sauce pan and heat it over medium fire. Stir consistently until it becomes a bit thick and creamy.
Filter the custard. Add in butter and vanilla extract and mix. Add in rum and mix. Cover the bowl and let it chill to room temperature. After that, transfer it to the fridge and let it chill for a few hours.
Stir the cream cheese well in a bowl. Add in the custard 1/3 at a time and mix. Dip lady fingers biscuit into coffee and layer it as the base in the tin.
Layer the custard and lady fingers biscuits alternately. Chill them in the fridge overnight.
Dust the cake with cocoa powder,chopped chocolates and fruits.
Put a layer of wrapping plastic in the tin before layering the cake.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (259 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Café Frappe - Greek Iced Coffee 3.6/5 (122 Votes)
- Rum Cake Balls 3.7/5 (111 Votes)
- Chocolate & berry mousse pots 3.7/5 (116 Votes)
- Maya's Chocolate Tiramisu 2.1/5 (224 Votes)