- 120ml lukewarm milk
- 50g sugar
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 325g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tp vanilla extract
- 75g soft butter
- 30g butter
- 50g finely chopped nuts
- 1tp ground cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Add 1tp sugar and yeast to lukewarm milk. Mix and let it sit for 10min.
Mix flour, sugar and salt together. Add in the yeast mixture. Mix to form crumbs.
Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix to form a dough.
Gradually add in butter and mix until the dough becomes soft and shinny.
Put the dough in a bowl. Cover and let it rise for 2 hours.
Lightly press the dough to release trapped air. Roll the dough into flat rectangular shape.
Spread a layer of butter on top of the dough. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top. Sprinkle ground cinnamon.
Roll up the dough. Cut the dough into 3 equal parts.
Line the dough in the loaf tin. Wrap and let them rise for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 180oC. Brush the top of the bread with butter. Bake for 25-30min until golden brown.
Lightly brush cinnamon roll with milk before serving to make it more moist.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Mixed Spice Biscuits 3/5 (190 Votes)