Snacks, Starters, and Nibbles - Feta and Chilli Sandwich
This is a family favourite for a light lunch or supper.
- Block of feta cheese
- Red chilli - chopped and deseeded
- Spring onions - chopped
- Olive oil
- Black pepper over it
- 4 Halved ciabatta rolls.
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Take a block of feta. Rinse it under a cold running tap for a moment to wash off the salty brine.
Chop up and deseed a red chilli. Chop up a couple of spring onions. Pan fry lightly, very lightly in olive oil.
Move to one side and place the block of feta in the pan, whole. Grind a little black pepper over it.
Turn up the heat a little and pan fry until it just starts to melt around the edges. Top with the chilli and spring onions. Cut into quarters.
Lightly toast 4 halved ciabatta rolls.
Drizzle with a little olive oil.
Place a quarter of the feta on each with a share of the chilli and onion mixture.
Pop on the top half of the roll, squashing the cheese slightly.
Serve as quickly as you are able!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (153 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.