Simple, tasty chicken.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons peeled
- grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium scallions
- thinly sliced
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Bring the soy sauce and honey to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often until the honey has completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger, stir to combine, remove from the heat, and set aside.
Pound the chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut each piece in half so you have 4 pieces roughly the same size. Season both sides of the chicken with pepper.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat until shimmering. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook without disturbing until browned, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the second side until browned, about 3 minutes more.
Reduce the heat to medium, slowly pour in the reserved sauce, and cook, flipping the chicken occasionally to coat in the sauce, until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Transfer the chicken from the pan onto a chopping board, letting the excess sauce drip off. Reduce the sauce in the pan over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes more. Slice the chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Place on a serving dish, top with the sauce, and sprinkle with the scallions.
Serve with rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Coriander chicken 3.3/5 (149 Votes)
- Prawn Dim Sum 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Flaked Fish Curry with Tumeric and... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.