- 3 mixed peppers
- 1 large onion
- 10 mushrooms
- 500g brown rice
- 4 diced chicken breasts
- small pack of pancetta or streaky bacon
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Finely dice onion. Slice peppers and mushrooms. Lightly fry onion and pancetta.
Add chicken to onion and pancetta mix and fry gently for 5 minutes.
Add remainder of vegetables to the pot and pour in 500g uncooked rice.
Add the stock and bring to the boil.
Once it has boiled reduce heat and simmer for 25 - 30 mins. Making sure the chicken is cooked through.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (459 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.