Mixed beans in a tomato sauce, keep it vegetarian or add various meats.
- 2 Cans of any beans of your choice i.e kidney beans
- butter beans
- black eyed beans. i use 2 tins of supermarket mixed beans
- preferably in sauce.
- 2 cartons of any passata. (or 2 tins chopped tomatoes)
- 1 can of baked beans
- 1/2 can sweetcorn
- 1 red onion
- peppers (again whatever colour you choose)
- fresh chillies (optional)
- season to your taste if you like it hot add chilli powder
- paprika or cayenne or all of it!!
- That's it for the veggie version
- if you choose to go fully cowboy then you can add whole or chopped sausages
- chicken or any meat of your choice this dish is as simple and cheap or as rich and extravagant as you choose but a little goes a long way.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a large pan with a dash of oil add the onion, chopped into 1cm squares and gently fry off.
Add the peppers to the onions and gently heat through.
Add all the cans of beans, sweetcorn and passata to the pan also at this point add any spices or chillies you have chosen to use.
Leave to simmer for up to an hour
If you want to add meat fry it off in a separate pan then add it to your beans mix and simmer them together.
delicious served with my salt and pepper wedges.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.