Lemon Rainbow Trout with Pine Nuts
- 2 Medium Rainbow Trout (gutted
- leaving heads and tails on)
- Finely Grated Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped) + extra to garnish
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 25g/1oz Pine Nuts
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C (160 Fan/Gas 4).
Make 3 diagonal slashes on both sides of each fish then place in a shallow ovenproof dish.
Mix the lemon zest & juice, olive oil, parsley and black pepper together.
Pour evenly over the fish and scatter with the pine nuts.
Cover the dish loosely with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the fish starts to flake when prodded with a fork. (cooking time depends on size of fish)
Once cooked serve with extra sprinkling of parsley and with rice or couscous if wanted.