Breaded Chicken Escalopes with Lemon and Parsley Butter
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbs English mustard
- 3 tbs thick
- runny honey
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 55g butter
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of clingfilm and, with a rolling pin, flatten into large escalopes 1cm thick.
Mix together the mustard, honey and lemon zest then brush this mixture liberally on both sides of the escalopes. Put the breadcrumbs on a flat plate, then coat both sides of the chicken with them. Push the breadcrumbs firmly into the mixture, then pat them flat with a fish slice.
Heat 2 tbs of olive oil in each of 2 large frying pans and cook the escalopes over a low heat until golden and cooked through.
Remove and keep warm, discarding any remaining oil in the pans.
Add half the butter to each pan and, when foaming, add the lemon juice and parsley then allow to sizzle.
Spoon the parsley butter over the chicken and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (137 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)
- Thick Mushroom Soup with Garlic... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Easy Wholemeal Shortcrust Pastry 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.