Red velvet melting moments
Classic melting moment biscuits married with red velvet cake and cream cheese icing.
- 250g unsalted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp red food colouring
- 225g plain flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- 85g icing sugar
- 30g cornflour
- For the cream cheese icing
- 50g unsalted butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 50g cream cheese
- ¼ tsp lemon extract
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 23mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 160C.
Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and vanilla.
Next add the colouring and combine well.
Sift the remaining biscuit ingredients into the bowl and mix together into a dough.
Roll the dough into small balls (20g each) then put onto the baking tray.
Flatten the dough with a fork (dipped in flour each time)
Put the trays in the fridge for 15mins and then bake for 20mins.
Leave them to cool.
For the filling:
Beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
Add the cream cheese and the lemon extract, and beat until smooth.
Put the filling in a piping bag, with a plain round nozzle and pipe onto half of the bicuits.
Then sandwich them together with another biscuit half.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (466 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Chocolate rainbow cake 3.1/5 (185 Votes)
- Earl Grey Macarons with Cream... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)