Mint Chocolate Pots de Creme
A smooth, velvety , creamy dessert that can be prepared well in advance - perfect for parties.
- Double Cream - 180 ml (3/4 cup)
- Whole Milk - 240 ml (1 cup) + 60 ml (1/4 cup)
- Sugar - 80 g (1/3 cup)
- Milk Chocolate - 180 g (3/4 cup)
- Dark Chocolate - 100 g (1/2 cup)
- Vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- Mint essence - 1 teaspoon
- Corn Flour - 2 tablespoon
- For garnishing:
- Mint Leaves
- Whipped Cream
- Grated Chocolate
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix double cream, 1 cup milk, sugar and bring to boil. Remove from heat and add both types of chopped chocolate. Mix till smooth.
Blend corn flour with 1/4 cup milk, vanilla and mint essence. Heat the chocolate mixture again and add the corn flour mixture. Continue stirring while the mixture cooks. Remove from heat when the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
Cool the mixture and keep stirring in intervals so that the skin does not form.
Pour the chocolate creme mixture into 6 to 8 glasses, cups or shot glasses. Chill until set.
Pipe swirls of whipped cream and garnish with mint leaves and grated chocolate.
Skip the mint essence to make a chocolate pot de creme.
Add coffee powder to create a mocha flavoured pot de creme.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (188 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Slow cooked lamb 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Chocolate orange creme brulee 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Festive Mini Mince Pie Pastries 3.2/5 (118 Votes)
- Scallops on a bed of foie gras... 3.4/5 (131 Votes)