Quail with dried fruit and mashed sweet potato stuffing
By LTH Laetitia
- 4 quails
- a handful of raisins
- a handful of dried apricots
- a handful of dates
- a handful of figs
- some cashews + hazelnuts + almonds
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 10cl Muscat
- 15cl vegetable stock
- olive oil.
- Slivered almonds and chopped coriander.
- For the mashed sweet potatoes:
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- vegetable stock (30cl)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Boil water in a pan, peel the sweet potatoes and cut into pieces and put them in the pan.
Meanwhile, chop all the dried fruit and seeds, put them in the blender with the rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and the muscat.
Fill the quails with the mixture and then close them with kitchen string.
In a pot, put some olive oil and fry the quails.
Once they are well browned, add the stock and cover. Leave for 10 minutes over low heat, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, the sweet potatoes should now be cooked. You can mix them with olive oil and a little stock, to be added gradually, (until you get the desired consistency). Set aside.
Add the honey and cinnamon in a pot and then wait for it to make a syrupy juice (about 10 minutes).
Garnish the plates: put a layer of puree and add the quail and then drizzle with the cooking sauce . Decorate with slivered almonds and coriander.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Shepherd's pie with carrots 3.3/5 (138 Votes)
- Avocado Mashed Potatoes 3.6/5 (69 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.