Shells Sausagemeat Balls
By john french
These were created for our son when he was small because he didnt like scotch eggs but wanted to eat the same food as his dad.
- 8 thick sausages of your choice
- 1/2 pack of sage and onion stuffing made up
- 2 slices of bread made into fine breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper and any other spices you choose.
- 25g Flour
- 1 medium Egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Skin the sausages and place sausagemeat into a large bowl.
Add stuffing. Mix well. Divide into 12 equal balls and place on a plate. Cover with clingfilm and chill for 20 mins.
Place bread into the food processor with the seasonings and blend into fine breadcrumbs.
Prepare 3 bowls one with flour, 1 with beaten egg and one with breadcrumbs.
Turn on deep fat fryer to heat up.
Take balls out of fridge and dip in flour then egg then breadcrumbs. Repeat a second time omitting the flour.
Fry half of the balls at a time until they are golden and cooked through.
Remove from the fryer and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Great hot or cold and perfect as a snack or party food. Great with dips like garlic mayo, mustard mayo, sweet chilli, tomato or bbq.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (198 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Pasta with wine sauce and peas 3.5/5 (132 Votes)
- Beef and potato pie 3.2/5 (175 Votes)