Wild asparagus tart and fresh almonds
- For the pastry
- 30 g softened butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 g almond powder
- 40 g flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- For the filling
- 1 grapefruit
- 800 g of fresh almonds
- 250 g asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon green peppercorns in brine
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- ½ gelatine sheet
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare an almond cream
Open and blanch the almonds. Take 50 g of almonds and pour over 5cl of boiling water. Cover and infuse.
Grate and squeeze the grapefruit.
Prepare the pastry
Cream the butter with the yolk. Add the ground almonds and the grated zest, then the flour, a pinch of salt and sifted icing sugar. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of grapefruit juice to get a soft dough. Roll out with a rolling pin and line a pie tin. Then refrigerate.
Clean the asparagus. Steam cook 15 minutes. Then cool immediately in ice cold water.
Blend the almonds with water for a good few minutes to make an almond cream. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of grapefruit juice. Add the honey, 4 tablespoons of almond cream and green peppercorns.
Garnish the pastry with the asparagus and then the grapefruit and almond mix.
Decorate with the blanched almonds.
Bake in a preheated oven at 175 ° C for 30 minutes. Soak the gelatine in cold water. When the tart is cooked, warm the remaining grapefruit juice, dissolve the gelatine in the juice and pour the juice over the pie. Cool.
Serve at room temperature.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (177 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Greek salad 3.7/5 (113 Votes)
- Potato salad with wild garlic 4.7/5 (48 Votes)
- Risotto with green asparagus,... 4/5 (97 Votes)