Chocolate Almond Cherry Biscuits
Crunchy chocolate and almond biscuit delicious with a cup of coffee
- 50g mixed peel
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g black treacle
- 50g ground almond
- 1 tsp. ground mixed spice
- 200g SR flour
- 50g cocoa
- 50g flaked almond
- 50g cherries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to Gas 4/180C.
Sieve flour and cocoa together.
Mix sugar butter treacle and syrup with an electric mixer till frothy. Mix in flour and cocoa mixture, ground almond and spices. Add in finely chopped mixed peel.
Turn the dough onto a flour board. Roll out the dough to 2mm thickness. Cut out into round biscuits. (Makes about 40 rounds). Place on greased baking tins well apart. Decorate with flaked almonds and cherry pieces. Bake in the oven for 10 to 12minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Biscuits can keep up to a week an air tight tin
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Chocolate Shortbread 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Chocolate American Whoopies with... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Christmas shortbread with almonds 3.6/5 (63 Votes)