Goat's Cheese Omelette
A chunky, healthy feast ideal for hot summer evenings.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 50g goat's cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- spring onions
- 100g asaparagus tips
- 1 medium courgette
- handful of dill
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Slice the courgette into four lengthways and then chop along the length into small pieces. Add a touch of salt to the egg mixture as well as a generous helping of pepper along with most of the dill.
Heat the oil in a small pan and fry the courgettes until they start to soften. Add the asparagus and fry until it turns bright green. Add the garlic and half of the spring onions and fry for one minute until fragrant.
Turn on the grill to a high setting. Turn the pan's heat down to medium (setting 4) and pour in the egg mixture and half of the cheese. Allow the omelette to set, tending to the edges and running any excess egg liquid off the top down to the sides of the omelette.
When set on the bottom, scatter the remaining spring onions and goat's cheese on top, and put the pan under the grill until golden brown.
Scatter with the remaining dill and serve with salad.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Pancakes 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Baked Red Onion and Goats Cheese... 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Onion omelette 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Feta and tomato omlette 3.3/5 (143 Votes)
- Oyakodon (rice with chicken and... 3.4/5 (116 Votes)