Ham and mushroom carbonara
A cost effective take on an italian classic.
- 1 standard packet of spaghetti pasta
- 2 standard tubs of soft cream cheese. I use the one with chives in
- 8 large mushrooms. washed thoroughly. and sliced
- a packet of sliced ham approx 8 slices. cut into thin strips.
- parmesian cheese grated. approx 20g.
- a tsp of olive or vegetable oil.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
boil spaghetti until nice and soft. whilst boiling away fry the mushrooms in the teaspoon of oil then place on some kitchen roll to drain out the excess oil.
drain pasta thoroughly and place back in the pan. add the rest of the ingredienst (except the parmesian cheeses to the pan and place on the hob thats cooling down it will still heat the mix up perfectly.
once cream cheese has melted to a sauce like mixture covering all the ingredients. serve and sprinkle on parmersian enjoy.
if you dont like mushrooms or ham you can use chicken and sweetcorn anything is good really. grilled peppers and onions are just as nice. serve with some garlic bread too
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (225 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)