American Rocky Road
- 125g/4½oz soft unsalted butter
- 300g/10½oz best-quality dark chocolate
- broken into pieces
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g/7¼oz rich tea biscuits
- 100g/3½oz mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- to dust
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan over a gentle heat. Remove from the heat, scoop out about 125ml/4½fl oz of the melted mixture and set aside in a bowl.
Place the biscuits into a plastic freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin until some have turned to crumbs but there are still pieces of biscuit remaining.
Fold the biscuit pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, then add the marshmallows.
Tip the mixture into a 24cm/9in square baking tin and smooth the top with a wet spatula.
Pour over the reserved 125ml/4½fl oz of the melted chocolate mixture and smooth the top with a wet spatula.
Refrigerate for about two hours or overnight.
To serve, cut into 24 fingers and dust with icing sugar.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (250 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.5/5 (145 Votes)