Butternut squash and sweet potato soup
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 red onion chopped
- 150g carrots sliced
- 500g butternut squash cut into cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 100g red lentils
- 1l hot vegetable stock
- 3 level tbsp. of tomato puree
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 100g crème fraiche
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan, add the onions until soft.
Add the carrots, squash and sweet potato. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
Add the lentils, stock, tomato puree and 2tbsp of the parsley and bring to boil. Simmer for 30 mins.
Puree with a blender. Add swirls of crème fraiche, sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.8/5 (164 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)