Quick Sweet Chilli Dip
Who doesn’t like sweet chilli sauce? I mean what you can’t have with it. Be it dosa, sandwiches, parathas, pakodas-my favourite momos (recipe coming soon). This is such a versatile dip used in Chinese, Indian and even Thai cuisine. Now, the traditional method to make sweet chilli dip is time consuming process- soak dry red chilli-blend it-cook it- Blah! Blah! Blah!...BUT I have quick and easy way *grin*. See the recipe:-)
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red chilli flakes
- 2 cups water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 4mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Dissolve corn flour with water and keep aside. Make sure there are no lumps.
Heat oil in a pan on high heat and add garlic and ginger. Saute well.
Add corn flour mixture and turn heat to low-medium.
Finally add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Let it boil for 2-5 minutes. Check consistency and let it cool before serving.
I like it spicy so I added lots of red chilli powder. Adjust as per your taste.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (216 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Slimming guacamole 4.3/5 (23 Votes)