Chocolate and coconut galette
By Elodie , blog Kitchen Victim
- 2 rolls of puff pastry
- 120 gr dark chocolate chips (dark chocolate coarsely chopped also works)
- 330gr coconut cream
- 175 gr custard
- Coconut shavings for decoration
- The rest of the ingredients are in the recipe:
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the coconut cream:
100 g butter
100 g of coconut powder
100 g icing sugar
2 large whole eggs
For the custard cream:
175 ml semi-skimmed milk
20g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
Boil the milk.
Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until white. Add the flour. Mix until smooth and pour half of the hot milk into the mixture.
Mix together and then pour into the saucepan with the remaining milk. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, stirring continuously with a whisk. When the cream is thick enough, pour into a container and refrigerate for about an hour.
Mix the coconut cream and the custard with a whisk. Mix quickly to incorporate air into the mixture making it nice and light.
Place one of your pastry discs on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Pour the filling into the middle, making sure to leave a border of at least 1.5 cm. Add the chocolate chips over the entire surface. Place the second disc of puff pastry on top and make sure the edges stick together. Brush the cake with egg yolk using a brush. Make a few holes in the top with a knife. Bake in a preheated oven at 185 ° C for approximately 30 minutes (checking the cooking at 25 mins). When the cake is just warm, brush the edge with honey, then stick some chocolate chips and coconut round the sides.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 3.3/5 (158 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.4/5 (144 Votes)
- Coconut tart 3.6/5 (125 Votes)
- No cook chocolate tart 3.9/5 (73 Votes)
- Thai Coconut Custard Dessert... 4.2/5 (23 Votes)