Crying Tiger (Marinated Thaï spicy beef)
- 400g beef fillet
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed green peppercorns
- 10 cm of fresh lemongrass
- finely chopped
- 2 fresh red Thai chillies
- a tablespoon of oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a bowl, mix the tamarind, crushed garlic, pepper, crushed in a mortar, oil, fish sauce, soya sauce, minced lemongrass and chilli crushed in a mortar too.
Place the fillet on a plate. If the slice is thick, you can cut it in half to make two long pieces. Spread the marinade on all sides of the fillet. Wrap it in cellophane or aluminum foil, and refrigerate for at least three hours. Overnight is even better.
The next day, prepare the sauce by mixing the ingredients together.
On a hot grill, grill the meat, the way you like. Cover the meat for ten minutes then, so it really absorbs all the juices.
Serve thinly sliced, topped with sauce, and accompanied with sticky rice and sauteed vegetables in a wok.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Coriander chicken 3.3/5 (149 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno... 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Marinade for meat 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.