Pineapple tarte tatin with coconut mousse
By Sandrine B.
- - 1 pure butter puff pastry
- ready made
- - 1 pineapple
- - 80 g caster sugar
- - 3 tablespoons water
- - 1 tbsp Malibu
- - 200 ml of single cream
- - 200 ml of coconut milk
- - 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- - A little grated coconut
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. In a saucepan, boil the sugar with water. When the caramel turns golden brown, deglaze with the Malibu, then spread into mini tart tins.
Meanwhile, peel and cut the pineapple into thin slices. Sprinkle on top of the caramel a little grated coconut. Place the pineapple slices on top, forming a flower shape. Roll out the puff pastry. Cut 4 discs slightly larger than the tart tins. Prick them with a fork. Cover each tin with a disk of puff pastry, making sure the edges are inside. Bake for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on them. Leave to cool and remove from the mould.
In a bowl, pour the cream, coconut milk and brown sugar. Mix using an immersion blender about 2-3mins until the surface is frothy. Place a tarte tatin on each plate and prick the top with two pineapple leaves. Using a spoon, divide the coconut mousse into small glasses. Place each small glass beside the tarte tatin and serve immediately!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (224 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 3.3/5 (159 Votes)
- BBQ'd Pineapple 3.8/5 (109 Votes)
- Coconut tart 3.6/5 (125 Votes)
- Foolproof Tarte-Tatin 3.3/5 (130 Votes)
- Maple syrup tart 3.6/5 (117 Votes)
- Caramelised pineapple cake with... 4/5 (17 Votes)