Spider Web Pumpkin Soup
- For the soup:
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 1kg pumpkin or butternut squash (peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks)
- 1tbsp mild curry powder
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 700ml chicken stock
- 150g pack of finely chopped smoked turkey rashers
- For the spider's web:
- Natural yoghurt
- Skewer stick
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place the chopped onions in some oil in a large pan on a medium heat for about 5 mins.
Add the pumpkin chunks and fry until brown. Keep stirring.
Pop in the curry powder and mix well before adding the chopped garlic.
Simmer for 10 mins until the pumpkin is soft.
Whirl up the soup in a Magimix 4200 XL processor or hand-held blender, until smooth.
Pour the soup into the pan, add the turkey rashers, and simmer for a few minutes.
Serve in big bowl spider's web design on top:
Make a cross with the yoghurt ontop of the soup and then turn 180° to make another cross, it should look like an asterix.
Take a skewer and make short lines to join the asterix in a out-turning spiral.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Cold Beetroot Soup 5/5 (63 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (151 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Stuffed butternut squash 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (150 Votes)