Apple Crumble Cupcakes
The traditional dish of Apple Crumbe in cucpcake form! A great twist on a traditional recipe.
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g light brown sugar
- 140g self-raising flour
- 10g cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves (optional)
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled
- cored and diced
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the crumble:
- 10g butter
- 10g sugar
- 20g self-raising flour
- 20g porridge oats
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pop the apples into a pot and sprinkle over the caster sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract evenly.
Put onto the stove. Firslty bring it to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, until the apples are soft.
Mush and mash all the apples with a fork and put aside.
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Mix the sugar and butter for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy and then sift in the flour, baking powder and spices.
Fold the apples into the mixture and mix well.
Get a muffin tray and line with butter or muffin cases.
Pour out the mixture into the 12 muffin tin holes and bake for 30 mins.
Leave to cool on a wire rack after baking.
To make the crumble
Rub the butter, sugar, self-raising flour and porridge oats together with your fingertips and toast in an oven dish under the grill for about 10 mins (mix after 5 mins to ensure it toasts evenly).
Once golden, leave to cool.
When the cakes are cool, fill the centre with any leftover apple sauce and sprinkle the crumble mix over the top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Warming Apple Crumble 3.4/5 (136 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Cute Apple Crumble 4.1/5 (72 Votes)
- Caramel Crunch Shortbread 4.7/5 (3 Votes)