Banana Tea Bread
- 200 g (7 oz) Self-raising Flour
- 1.25 ml (1/4 level tsp) Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2.5 ml (1/2 level tsp) Salt
- 75 g (3 oz) Butter
- 175 g (6 oz) Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 450 g (1 lb) Bananas
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grease and line an oblong loaf tin, about 21.5 cm by 11.5 cm (8 1/2 in by 4 1/2 in) top measurements.
Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy and add the egg a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the bananas and beat again. Then sift in the flour.
Put into the cake tin and bake in the oven at 180° C (350° F) mark 4 for about 1 1/4 hours, until well risen and just firm.
Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
Eat immediately or keep for 24 hours before serving sliced and buttered.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Vanilla Iced Tea 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Masala Tea 3/5 (124 Votes)