Chocolate mantou (steamed chocolate bread)
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tp yeast
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Mix 2 cups of flour and 1 tea spoon of yeast each in two separate bowls.
In one of the bowl, add cocoa powder and mix well.
Add 1 cup of water each to the 2 bowls. Knead into two dough balls.
Cover and let them rise for 1 hour.
Roll both of the dough flat.
Place the chocolate dough on top of the white dough and start rolling.
Cut the roll into equal sizes. Let them rise for another 30min.
Steam for 15min.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (261 Votes)
- Steamed Sea Bream 3.3/5 (128 Votes)
- Recipe: Pain au chocolat with... 3.4/5 (149 Votes)