Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Pasta
A slightly healthier alternative to pizza.
- Big Pasta (anything big enough to be stuffed)
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Onion (optional)
- 1 Egg
- 3-4oz Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 3-4oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
- A handful or so of breadcrumbs
- Dried Oregano
- Tomato Pasta Sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cook the pasta al dente as instructed on the pasta packet. When done, separate and let them stand whilst you are creating the filling.
Cook the chicken until no pink remains. Add to the chicken the onion, egg, and breadcrumbs and mix in. Season the mix with oregano and other herbs if you wish, along with salt and pepper.
Stir in the majority of the cheese, leaving some to sprinkle over the top.
Stuff the pasta with the mixture (this may take a while). When done and placed in the baking dish, pour the tomato sauce over the top along with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake for approx. 30 minutes.
This could probably be done with mince instead of chicken.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Quorn and vegetable pasta 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Chicken and Bacon Pasta 3/5 (138 Votes)
- Stuffed conchiglionis pasta shells... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Tortellini with ham and peas 3.8/5 (23 Votes)