Chocolate Swiss roll with blackberry cream
- 6 eggs
- 120g melted chocolate
- 50g sugar
- 1tp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 30g sugar
- Whipped cream:
- 240ml heavy cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tp vanilla extract
- 80ml blackberry jam
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease the baking tray with butter. Separate the eggs into egg yolks and egg whites.
Mix the egg yolks and sugar until they are thick and smooth.
Add in vanilla extract and mix well. Add in cooled melted chocolate and mix well.
Beat the egg whites until foamy. Add salt and beat until smooth and soft.
Gradually add 30g sugar into the egg whites mixture while mixing. Beat until smooth and shinny.l
Add 1/3 of egg white mixture at a time into the chocolate mixture. Mix well after each mix.
Pour the batter onto the baking tray. Spread them evenly.
Bake for 15-20min. Cover the cake with a damp clean table cloth. Let it cool completely.
For the cream, beat the heavy cream with sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and soft. Add in blackberry jam and mix well.
Spread the cream evenly on top of the cake and roll it. Dust the swiss roll with icing sugar or cocoa powder.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Swiss Roulade 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Apple and Blackberry Crumble... 3.8/5 (101 Votes)
- Strawberry Roly-Poly cake 4.1/5 (81 Votes)