Chocolate Roulade Attias Style
- Roulade Mixture Ingredients:
- 6oz dark chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 8oz caster sugar
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1/2 pint double cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tablespoon icing sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Line a shallow baking tray with grease proof paper.
Pre heat oven to 160 degrees fahrenheit.
Separate the eggs
Put egg yolks and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy and put aside.
Melt chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
Add the melted chocolate to the egg yolk mixture.
Whisk eggs whites until firm.
Cut and fold the egg whites little by little into the chocolate mixture.
Pour into the shallow lined baking tray and cook for 25 mins.
Once cooked leave to cool.
Take a clean tea towel and wet it with cold water, ring out as much water as possible and lay it over the roulade and place in the fridge over night.
The next day carefully take the tea towel off and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Place a large chopping board on top so you can turn it upside down.
Carefully peel off the grease proof paper.
Whisk the cream with vanilla extract and icing sugar, once fairly firm spread it over the roulade and roll gently.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Swiss Roulade 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Strawberry Roly-Poly cake 4.1/5 (81 Votes)
- Christmas mini-logs with orange... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Mini chocolate banana cakes 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Chocolate Cupcakes 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Christmas cake with raspberry 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Walnut brownies 4.2/5 (33 Votes)