Fat-less Swiss Roll
Soft sponge cake roll of which you can add any filling you like.
- 2 eggs
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Self Raising Flour Sifted
- your choice of filling
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 6mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pre-heat the oven to 180/ gas mark 4. Line a tray and put to one side.
In a bowl beat the eggs and sugar together with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
Pour in the flour and fold in with a wooden spoon.
Pour in the tray but DON'T spread with a utensil. Tilt the tray towards the corners until the mix has covered the tray.
Bake in the middle of the oven until golden in color.
When done leave on in tray to cool. If risen quite high lay a clean damp towel over it and leave to cool.
Turn out of tray and lay on a piece of baking parchment. Put whatever you want in the middle, jam, cream, fresh fruits ect...
Make a slit in the end of the cake 1cm in, this will be the center. Use the Parchment to help roll up the sponge.
Sprinkle with icing sugar and EAT!!
With normal Swiss roll sponge you roll it as it comes out of the oven, and again when you put the jam in but as this cake is fat-less it will break if you roll it twice. Best to leave it to cool and roll just once.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Swiss Roulade 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Halloween pumpkin cake 3.5/5 (121 Votes)
- Strawberry Roly-Poly cake 4.1/5 (81 Votes)
- Christmas mini-logs with orange... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Christmas cake with raspberry 4.5/5 (21 Votes)