Lime Coconut Chicken
Warm, rich and delicious.
- Chicken and Marinade:
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- light or regular
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds boneless
- skinless chicken breasts (see note above)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Fresh limes
- cut into wedges
- Coconut Rice:
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- light or regular
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
whisk together the oil, lime zest, lime juice, cumin, coriander, soy sauce, salt, sugar, curry powder, coconut milk, and cayenne pepper.
Marinade the chicken in the sauce for at least 2 hours.
For the coconut rice, bring the rice, coconut milk, water and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-16 minutes until the liquid is mostly evaporated. remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving.
Grill or fry the chicken until cooked through. While the chicken is cooking, pour the marinade into a small or medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and boil for 10 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
Place the chicken on a plate with the rice and pour the sauce on top. Sprinkle with coriander.
If you do not have time to marinade the chicken, just pour some of the sauce over it in the pan when frying it so the chicken still gets some of the flavour and becomes sticky.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 3.3/5 (160 Votes)
- Yellow Chicken Curry with Potatoes 3.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce 3.3/5 (141 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Curry with Bamboo... 3/5 (160 Votes)
- Coronation Chicken 3.6/5 (103 Votes)
- Papaya and Lime Frosties 3.3/5 (124 Votes)
- Malaysian Style Spicy Chicken 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Smoothie Totally Tropical 3.3/5 (105 Votes)