cheese and onion pasties
lovely golden brown pastry with melted cheese inside and onion.
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- block of pastry
- block of cheese or ready grated cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
firstly roll out your pastry in flour, do this until the pastry is almost thin.Then find a circular object not too small and not too big and start cutting out as much pastry as you can with the circular object.
Once youve done that you need to grate your cheese, and place it in a bowl and crack 1 egg into the bowl aswell and mix them together.
Then get the smallest pan youve got and put a tea spoon of water into the pan, after you have done that put the onions in and boil for about 2 minutes until the onions havw absorbed all the water.
Once you have done that wait for the onions have cooled down and place them into the bowl with the cheese and egg.
Then put some water into a bowl and put a bit of water on each pastry circle you have done. Once youve done that, scoop a table spoon of the cheese egg and onion onto the pastry circle and then lift both of the edges pf the pastry together and squeeze them together until no cheese is showing.
Repeat this with the the rest of the pastry circles.
Once they are all done put them in the oven for about 20-25mins on 200C
Once the pastry is brown take them out and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (157 Votes)