Green Leaf and Pea Soup
- 1 litre (13/4 pints) vegetable (or chicken) stock
- 6 spring onions
- trimmed and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 450g (1lb) peas
- fresh or frozen
- 250g (9oz) watercress
- rocket or spinach
- or a mixture of all three
- roughly chopped and large stalks removed
- 200ml (7fl oz) single cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Place the stock, spring onions and garlic in a saucepan, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Boil for about 4 minutes, until the onions are soft, then add the peas and continue to boil over a high heat, removing the lid once the mixture comes to the boil.
After 1 minute, add the roughly chopped leaves and boil for a further
30 seconds–1 minute, until the peas and leaves are just tender.
Add the cream and liquidise immediately. Then season to taste and serve.