Seared Salmon and Prawn Pasta
This is a pasta dish cooked in a creamy sauce with Salmon and prawns. Delicious
- 200g fillet of salmon (cut into thick slices)
- 16 grey tiger prawns
- 120g dried pasta shells or 400g fresh pasta shells
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 50g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoon diced green pepper
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 100 ml milk
- 75g grated matured Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 handful of chopped fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A few shavings of Parmesan cheese and chopped chives for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Put pasta shells in a large pan of boiling water and cook till soften. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Sear the salmon slices and the tiger prawns quickly to seal in the juice and bring out the colour and flavour. Drain and set aside.
With the same pan, sweat the onion and garlic without browning. Add in peppers and mushrooms. Fry for 1 minutes. Sizzle in the white wine. Add in the milk and the grated Cheddar. Bring to the boil. Simmer gently till the cheese is melted.
Thicken the sauce with blended cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Break the seared salmon into big chunks. Add the salmon and prawns to the cheese sauce. Heat through.
Stir in the prepared pasta and the fresh herbs. Heat through.
Serve hot. Garnish with shavings of Parmesan cheese and chopped chives.
Fresh pasta can also be used to save time.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (223 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (176 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)